Friday 10 January 2014

It all started with a text...

Thu 14 Nov 18.48 
"Meghann you should write a song and call it 'Baby of the Storm' all the money to go to Philippines, what do you think?"

Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines on the 8th November 2013. The following week my Dad sent me the text you see above, after watching a news story about a baby being born amongst rubble in the aftermath of the storm.

What did I think? - Challenge accepted. 

So, all I had to work off was a title, but that was a start. 

I'm very pleased to announce that from that title, a song was born. I recorded it just before Christmas with Liam Gaughan (one of Newcastle's finest producers). Since then I have been working on the music video with massively talented filmmaker/musician Jonny from Softwhere. Everything is almost ready to go, and should be available in the next couple of weeks. 

I just wanted to give you a heads up, and once it's out there in the world please, please share it with everyone you can - all proceeds are going to the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) - let's raise as much money as we can!

Details to follow about where you can view the video, donate and download the song.

We're all really excited to share it with you. For now, I leave you with an incredible photograph that we have been lucky enough to use in the video. Photo taken and passed on by Jon Paylor, just one of many he took on a recent trip to the Philippines with the Royal Marines. 

Watch this space...

Photograph ©Jon Paylor Royal Marines 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment